The Pagoh Education Hub Shared Facilities Library has an area of 8,962 square feet with a capacity of 1300 seats and has 64,678 reading materials. This library is under the administration of the Information Resource & Reference Department (USMR), Seksyen Projek Khas of the Pagoh Higher Education Hub (SPK HPTP). The operation of the library involves workforce from three (3) Public Universities (UA), namely Universiti Tun Hussien Onn Malaysia (UTHM), International Islamic University Malaysia (UIAM), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Research Center and Tun Syed Nasir Polytechnic (PTSN). The reading materials available in the library are reading materials from UA and PTSN as well as USMR. The materials are placed in the HPTP Shared Facilities Library for the use of UA/PTSN students.
The Shared Facilities Library supports the efforts of the Malaysian Ministry of Education to realize the concept of shared facilities at the Pagoh Higher Education Hub (HPTP). The library is committed to providing quality library and information services that are accurate, efficient, fast and user-friendly and implement continuous quality improvement to meet customer needs.
The direction of the Library is drawn up and continuously monitored to be in line with the development, learning and research carried out by the University and Polytechnic at HPTP.
Providing a conducive environment and quality reference resources to support HPTP as an excellent academic center in the fields of research, education, learning, consultancy and human capital development.
Libraries improve service quality through:
- Reference and information services;
- Provision of information sources and the use of the latest technology and;
- Improve the library infrastructure and facilities in supporting the teaching and learning process, promoting a culture of reading and further making the library a center for sharing knowledge and information that can be fully utilized by all users.
The objective of the establishment Shared Facilities Library HPTP are for:
- Become an excellent local reference and information center (one stop center) (one stop centre) to support University and Polytechnic activities;
- Manage information to meet the needs of University and Polytechnic learning, teaching, research, consultation and publication;
- Providing a variety of printed and electronic information resources for student and lecturer reference in the various courses offered;
- Cultivating a culture of knowledge and excellence of mind among the University community and the local community.
Collaborative, Creative and Innovative as a Catalyst of Intellectual Culture
SERVICES AT SHARED FACILITIES LIBRARY
Borrowing and Returning Books.
- Users are allowed to borrow books from the library. There are several user categories and loan amounts that have been set. The details are as follows:
- Users who have not yet become members must register first at the Circulation counter. Users can continue to borrow books themselves through the Self-Check Machine provided. Users can also return books at the circulation counter or Book Drop located on level 1 of the Library Building. Users need to ensure that books are returned before or on the end of the borrowing date.
Renewal of Book Borrowing Dates.
- Users who wish to extend the book borrowing date can renew through:
- Self-Check Machine.
- Circulation Counter
- Phone Call
- The user must renew before or on the end date of the borrowing. If the user has passed the borrowing date, the user will be fined and the user must first pay the fine at the HPTP finance counter to continue the date renewal process.
- Reference Materials can be found in the Reference Room is:
- Redspot Book (Book for internal reference only)
- Research Guidline
- Users can get information about Reference Source in the Reference Room through the Reference Counter.
- Online Database is a database that has non-physical reference materials such as e-Journal, e-books or Online Articles. There are 4 computers that have been reserved for the purpose of using the Online Database to represent each UA and PTSN. Here is a list of staff and officers to get more information about the use of the Online Database.
- En. Muhammad Aiman bin Basri (UIAM)
- En. Muhammad Hazim bin Yusof (UTM)
- En. Asharul Akhmal bin Md Jamil (UTHM)
- Pn. Rohaya binti Mohamed Bahari (PTSN)
Information Literacy Class
- Officers or staff involved will hold an information literacy class with the students of their respective institutions. Officers or staff will explain about the facilities and services of the library.
Printing and Photocopy
- Shared Facilities Library provides printing and photocopying services to library users. There is a fee charged to library users for this service.
- Payment details are as follows:
|Printing Service Prices
|A4 Black and white
|A3 Black and white
LIBRARY OPERATION HOURS
Examination and review session
**subject to any changes
Sunday - Wednesday
8.30 am – 6.00 pm
Sunday – Wednesday
8.30 am – 9.00 pm
8.30 am – 4.30 pm
8.30 am – 4.30 pm
|Friday, Saturday & Public Holiday
Friday, Saturday & Public Holiday
LIBRARY GENERAL RULES
- Only registered or approved customers are allowed to use the library and the services provided.
- Customers must always display their student card or matric card or staff card while in the library. Failure to do so may result in the user being prohibited from using the services provided.
- Customers are reminded to dress politely and neatly while in the library. The wearing of skirts/shorts, collarless t-shirts and shoes/slippers is prohibited.
- The customer must put the shoes in the shoe rack provided or in the locker room.
- Bags (except small handbags, laptop bags and tote bags), helmets and umbrellas may not be brought into the Library. It should be placed in the locker room and all valuables should be brought in. The library will not be responsible for any loss.
- Customers are not allowed to make noise, eat, drink (except mineral water in a closed container), smoke/vape, sing, sleep and do anything that may affect the learning atmosphere in the library.
- All counter matters must be done within the time set.
- Making a loan using another customer's card is an offence.
- Customers who are found in possession of library materials without permission will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Mobile phones are allowed to be brought into the library but patrons must ensure that they are set to silent mode.
- Doing damage to library property is an offence. This includes scratching, cutting, damaging or destroying library materials.
- Borrowers are fully responsible for the materials borrowed.
- 7.13 Books that have been referred to or that have been used should be placed on the trolley provided.
- Customers are not allowed to carry books from one level to another.
- Dating in the library is strictly prohibited.
- Customers are asked to move their chairs closer to the table before leaving the seat.
- The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
- Library staff have the right to prevent customers from using the library and available services if found to be in violation of library or university regulations.
- Customers are prohibited from moving materials, collections, furniture and equipment in the Library.
- All customers are required to obey all instructions found in the library.
- The library and university reserves the right to amend or add any rules from time to time without any notice.
COLLECTION IN SHARED FACILITIES LIBRARY
This collection of reading material is divided into several categories according to the suitability of the material received. Materials received will be cataloged in the system and arranged according to their respective categories.
- Main General Collection
Main General Collection is the main collection in Shared Facilities Library. This collection houses the most reading materials which is 61,060 reading materials in total.
- Main General Collection 2
Main General Collection 2 is the second book collection which houses 1,746 reading materials in one space.
- Main Library Leisure Reading Collection
Main Library Leisure Reading Collection gathers collections of leisure reading such as novels. This collection has a total of 1,226 reading materials.
- Main Library Reference
Main Library Reference contains a collection of reference materials such as dictionaries, directories, encyclopedias, atlases and so on. There are 331 reading materials in this reference category.